24.5.16

MET GALA 2016


Despite the gruelling workload I've had at the moment, I did manage to find time to looks at the outfits of the Met Gala and there were some definite hits and misses.
Today I thought I'd show you my 3 favourite looks.
~
I.
ZOE DEUTCH
Zoe Deutch looked absolutely incredible in this Dolce & Gabbana gown. 
The elaborate gold crown and earrings really made the look and gave it that real Dolce Vita inspired look that D&G is renowned for.

II. 
BELLA HADID
unpopular opinion: Bella is the best Hadid
I absolutely love Bella's style and this look by Givenchy is no exception.
It was princessy and yet edgy: the perfect mix

III.
LILY-ROSE DEPP
I admire Lily's style so much and think it's so cool to see young and edgy people stepping out in the fashion world. Lily's Chanel look at the Met Gala was so stunning and incredibly flattering.

IV.
LILY COLLINS
I know I said this was going to be a top 3, but I cannot stop myself, there were just far to many awesome looks. This Lily Collins look by Valentino was honestly breathtaking. Her dress was very greek goddess-esque, and the makeup was so cool!

V.
DAKOTA FANNING
This Nina Ricci look was awesome. I love the dark, gothic look of the dress, but the slip style of the dress means that it's not overwhelmingly dark. The dress itself is positively breathtaking. 

VI.
ALEXA CHUNG
If you know me you know how much I adore Alexa Chung. This look is very edgy and different. I love Alexa's masculine sort of look and the way the suit is dressed up with sparkles really hits the spot for me. 10/10

VII.
Again another young icon. Way past her hair flipping days, I feel like Willow Smith really does make awesome style choices. I loved this Chanel look so much. It was such a nostalgic look and she really emodided the era of the outfit.

VIII.
AMANDLA STENBERG
I love this girl so much. I think it's so important for style icons and celebrity influencers to also influence the younger generation by exposing them to world issues. Aside from my absolute love for Amandla, this Calvin Klein suit is also exceptional. Such a flattering cut and that ruby red colour is to die for.
 ~
I figured I would cut it off at eight Met Gala looks. I could go on about the style at this years Met Gala for days honestly, it was just a really good year for fashion.
till next time




No comments:

Post a Comment